Texas Hyperformance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waco, Texas Car Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!

Go down 
+5
moparfreak_neon
Garcia08gt
MasterGT93
Kotta390
TRAIL RATED
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TRAIL RATED

TRAIL RATED

why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! Empty
PostSubject: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 am

hey guys i drive a 98 z71 with true duals that go into flowmasters turned down. but they sound nothing like my friends ram that has one flowmaster muffler. i think theyre from the 90s (dont know if that matters or not) and i was just wondering why they dont sound all that loud?
Back to top Go down
Kotta390

Kotta390

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:34 am

It might be because you are running two mufflers instead of one, that will make it quieter. You also cant compare apple to oranges, your chevy vs his ram in sound.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotart.com
MasterGT93

MasterGT93

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 am

then also you have to think are they single chambers or dual chambers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gtprobe
Garcia08gt

Garcia08gt

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:27 am

he have his cats on?
Back to top Go down
moparfreak_neon

moparfreak_neon

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm

chris u dont have the balls like colbys truck to be able to sound good!
Back to top Go down
TRAIL RATED

TRAIL RATED

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:32 pm

yea we both have cats. idk if teyre single or dual chamber. they have the same deep tone just arent as loud.
Back to top Go down
moparfreak_neon

moparfreak_neon

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 pm

chevychris wrote:
yea we both have cats. idk if teyre single or dual chamber. they have the same deep tone just arent as loud.

i didnt know yall had cats all i seen at yalls house was colbys dog?
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 pm

LMAO

different cubic inch sizes.. dodge's sound better...
Back to top Go down
TRAIL RATED

TRAIL RATED

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:54 pm

lol we actually had a cat but it ran away i think.
Back to top Go down
TRAIL RATED

TRAIL RATED

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:56 pm

idk im guessing its different chamber mufflers cuz his is alot louder. would 10 ci really make a big difference?
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:01 pm

probably not, does the dodge have headers? if so.. thats why.. outlet location also plays in with this as well.
Back to top Go down
TRAIL RATED

TRAIL RATED

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:06 pm

nope he doesnt have headers yet. it doesnt bother me that there not as loud i was just wonderin why. the next set of flowmasters i buy will hopefully sound better. haha
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

haha I just don't use flowmasters...

*flame suit on*

they aren't a very good flowing muffler

Smile I use spintech, very high flow, very unique sound, and a great price.
Back to top Go down
MasterGT93

MasterGT93

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:07 pm

^ we all dont have big wads of money overflowing out or pockets either...LOL
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:11 pm

lol I don't!!! they are about the same price as flowmasters.. I can't find the chart that showed a comparison... but, I don't like sounding like everyone else, so having spintech kinda prevents that. I only know of one car in waco that has them. it's that black 99 or 01 cobra with the snail blower on it.
Back to top Go down
MasterGT93

MasterGT93

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:16 pm

its kinda hard for me unless i put tips back on my fox, all mustangs sound the exact same no matter what exhaust they do
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:18 pm

lol thats kinda true.. and unfortunate Sad
Back to top Go down
01SVTL2089

01SVTL2089

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:48 am

MasterGT93 wrote:
its kinda hard for me unless i put tips back on my fox, all mustangs sound the exact same no matter what exhaust they do
But I'm sure you've heard this before, " you cant beat the sound of a mustang" FTW
Back to top Go down
MasterGT93

MasterGT93

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 am

YES SIR!!!
Back to top Go down
TXSVT

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 pm

So many variables to consider, header size, length and size of exhaust piping, muffler placement, size of cats and restriction, rear resonators, tip size. For some reason the Dodges always sounded better than the chevys with flowmasters. Crawl under each truck and see if you can find the model stamp on the mufflers and compare.
Back to top Go down
TXSVT

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:53 pm

I tested mufflers for IMCO years ago and they bought out Cherry Bomb and by far the freakin loudest muffler they had was this one

http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/extreme

One of these was louder than 2 FM 40 series. They had my truck in a booth at the Texas Heatwave and let people turn it on with this muffler and sold every single one they had in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Jay GTO

Jay GTO

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Ok here is the different...you have a different displacement than he does. Different heads, different block. My 6.0 wont sound the way my 5.7 did even with the same set up i had on my 5.7.

That's the plain simple answer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ridynr6
Kotta390

Kotta390

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 pm

QWK-SUV wrote:
I tested mufflers for IMCO years ago and they bought out Cherry Bomb and by far the freakin loudest muffler they had was this one

http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/extreme

One of these was louder than 2 FM 40 series. They had my truck in a booth at the Texas Heatwave and let people turn it on with this muffler and sold every single one they had in the trailer.

Im running two IMCO one chambers on the farm truck now....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotart.com
TXSVT

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Those would be the ones
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:13 am

Wade, Do you happen to know whether or not the spintech muffler's are really that different from flow master or whoever else? I can show you the ones I have... I personally think they sound good, I'm not sure if the design is that good? It isn't a direct flow, it's deflected by round piece's of metal that look like a "C" welded in different pattern's to deflect the sound. You seem to know a little more about this than me.. I can't really pull anything from the manufacturer because it could be flawed.. I just want to make sure they are as good as I think they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!   why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

why dont they sound like flowmasters?!?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next