Texas Hyperformance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waco, Texas Car Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catch can wanted.

Go down 
+6
TXcharger07
moparfreak_neon
AMG_JOE
ill6
twrman00
Jay GTO
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay GTO

Jay GTO

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Does anyone have a spare catch can lying around? Home made, mexican made...anything! I need a catch cannnnnn. k thnx bai.

email me at ridyn@me.com or call/text me (254)230-6549
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ridynr6
twrman00

twrman00

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Jay GTO wrote:
Does anyone have a spare catch can lying around? Home made, mexican made...anything! I need a catch cannnnnn. k thnx bai.

email me at ridyn@me.com or call/text me (254)230-6549

dude, really. go buy a jamesbiz for like a hundred bux and quit freaking trying to put cheap crap on that car. Seriously man. Mad
Back to top Go down
Jay GTO

Jay GTO

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:20 pm

Shouldn't you be at work dad?
Back to top Go down
twrman00

twrman00

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:21 pm

i am at work. don't change the subject.
Back to top Go down
ill6

ill6

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:23 pm

joe should still have his....
Back to top Go down
AMG_JOE

AMG_JOE

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:17 pm

i do still have mine.
Back to top Go down
Jay GTO

Jay GTO

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Oh you had a catch can too?!
Back to top Go down
AMG_JOE

AMG_JOE

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:45 pm

yepper i am loaded with goodies Exclamation lol!
Back to top Go down
moparfreak_neon

moparfreak_neon

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 am

losssst. what exactly does the catch can do besides catch oil i think? confused, y would u want one someone explain clearly for me im a little fuzzy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
twrman00

twrman00

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:34 pm

LS motors use low tension oil rings and suffer significant blowby. catch cans catch and hold the bulk of that which would other wise be drawn through the intake.
Back to top Go down
moparfreak_neon

moparfreak_neon

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:45 pm

where do hook up the catch can too?
Back to top Go down
Jay GTO

Jay GTO

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:29 pm

It hooks up to our intake somewhere..i really don't know. Haha, troy is going to have to explain it better than I could ever.
Back to top Go down
moparfreak_neon

moparfreak_neon

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:01 pm

hey joe!! u still got that catch can?
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:12 pm

turbo or boosted motors need them more than NA motors. they told us the same thing about our hemi's but according to kenne belle the stock 5.7 HEMI intake has provisions for collecting the oil and returning it... I had a catch can for about 6 months before Mr. Dawe at TSTC said I didn't need one. I'm thinking its snake oil.

WTF $300 for a catch can? is it made out of solid gold or something? I bought a billet aluminum one brand new for $115. and sold it for $75. I think they are about that price now a days....
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Mr.Dawe is a very good technician, I wouldn't talk shit, I trust his opinion on engines more than I would alot of people, he's been building cars for a very long time.

And I bought my car myself, I'm sorry that I didn't have a co-signer or I wasn't making enough a month to afford a srt8, the sheer fact that mine in it's current form keeps up with them, I am happy. I also beat a 05 A4 gto the other night from a 35 roll, it's on video.

Like I said, Don't talk shit to people you don't know. I'm not saying I can beat every car under the sun... My car is NOT fast, It wasn't meant to go fast, it just happens to be relatively quick for a 4500lb brick that can hold 5 people comfortably while getting 25+mpg and holding all of their stuff.

sorry for the off-topic... but personally, Jay I would save your money.
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Catch can wanted. 078

that's pretty uncalled for...
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Ridyn wrote:
I don't believe this. You don't even have a Charger! You have a Magnum, the bastard stepchild of the 300C/Charger/Magnum Bobbsy Twins! I bet you got a Captain's hat and a free anchor when you got that thing, didn't you?

So Jay, you in for the catch-can? I'll knock fifty bucks off the price so Ahab here will be fine with the deal.

wow... did you ever think that i've been using this screen name for about 5 years now... way before I had this car or was even driving it.

whatever man...
Back to top Go down
Kotta390

Kotta390

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Ridyn wrote:
TXcharger07 wrote:
Catch can wanted. 078

that's pretty uncalled for...

Nice high mileage beater you got there. I got similar numbers when I idled through a parking lot for a few minutes.

Due who the fuck are you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotart.com
09_PBM_G8

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Here you go Jay. Billet prototypes catch can for LSx motors for $109 and some change. I don't know anyone dumb enough to pay $300+ on a catch can. That's idiotic haha

http://shop.billetprototypes.com/product.sc?productId=34
Back to top Go down
twrman00

twrman00

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:42 pm

09_PBM_G8 wrote:
Here you go Jay. Billet prototypes catch can for LSx motors for $109 and some change. I don't know anyone dumb enough to pay $300+ on a catch can. That's idiotic haha

http://shop.billetprototypes.com/product.sc?productId=34

best one made.....and it dont come apart.nuf said.
Back to top Go down
twrman00

twrman00

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:55 pm

TXcharger07 wrote:
Mr.Dawe is a very good technician, I wouldn't talk shit, I trust his opinion on engines more than I would alot of people, he's been building cars for a very long time.

And I bought my car myself, I'm sorry that I didn't have a co-signer or I wasn't making enough a month to afford a srt8, the sheer fact that mine in it's current form keeps up with them, I am happy. I also beat a 05 A4 gto the other night from a 35 roll, it's on video.

Like I said, Don't talk shit to people you don't know. I'm not saying I can beat every car under the sun... My car is NOT fast, It wasn't meant to go fast, it just happens to be relatively quick for a 4500lb brick that can hold 5 people comfortably while getting 25+mpg and holding all of their stuff.

if you think its snake oil, you clearly dont know much about the lsx motors. yes they have a provision and yes they're incompetent, but if you don't like them, don't run them. you are however giving jay incorrect information. however, if you would like to try that little race with an 06 m6, i'd be more than happy to accomodate you, just be sure to bring your camera. cheers
Back to top Go down
twrman00

twrman00

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:56 pm

looks like there were some edits, did i miss something?
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am

twrman00 wrote:
TXcharger07 wrote:

if you think its snake oil, you clearly dont know much about the lsx motors. yes they have a provision and yes they're incompetent, but if you don't like them, don't run them. you are however giving jay incorrect information. however, if you would like to try that little race with an 06 m6, i'd be more than happy to accomodate you, just be sure to bring your camera. cheers

I know I would probably get my ass handed to me by a M6, I was just merely pointing out that my car can hold its own. Anyways... you are right I don't know alot about the LSX motor, I know they are pretty solid and they do make alot of things for them. But... this is going to be my last word or whatever... IF there was such a big problem or issue with this... don't you think GM would have done something else about it? like supplied one with it in the first place? doesn't make sense for them to warranty the issue if they know one will arise. that's all I've got Smile
Back to top Go down
twrman00

twrman00

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 am

there is an issue, gm is aware of it. its secondary to low tension oil rings and causes excessive oil consumption. gm posted a TSB regarding engine braking and operation above 3k rpm. the letter they sent out stating to check the oil at every fill up was cheaper than a catch can and in compliance with waste oil disposal regulations. you lose about a quart every 5k miles. mine comes out of my catch can instead of through my cats. it also effects the tune, the map sensor (particularly on 05/06), cats, carbon build up, and 02's. 105 bucks is a pretty cheap fix for an owner but an enormous (said cost prohibitive) expense to GM. and a4's are almost always faster than m6's...... except mine. and mine rattles like its fixing to come apart. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TXcharger07

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 am

A4's are probably faster in a straight line lol from a roll.... I don't trust any automatic to put me in the right gear! lol M6 ftw there... or just have a semi-auto like I do and I just choose where I want it....

and those are some interesting facts, get your oil changed at 3,000 and you wouldn't have the issue period lol Smile does the gto have a oil life sensor like the g8 does? how often do you check the catch can? I know when I had mine I had a few ounces after about 3-4k miles... but I'd heard of other Hemi's having an almost full can of oil in there...

although it's starting to sound like your cammed lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catch can wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can wanted.   Catch can wanted. Empty

Back to top Go down

Catch can wanted.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next